- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 actress Kaya Scodelario and Hunger Games grad Josh Hutcherson are set to play star-crossed lovers in a Romeo and Juliet re-imagining from The Mark Gordon Co.
Die in a Gunfight will be directed by Collin Schiffli (SXSW winner Animals) and will also star Olivia Munn and Helen Hunt.
Ant-Man and the Wasp scribes Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari are set to write the screenplay, which will update William Shakespeare’s classic romantic tragedy against a backdrop of corporate espionage.
Mark Gordon will produce alongside Tom Butterfield and Allyson Seeger. Sara Smith will be an executive producer. Principal photography will begin next month in Boston.
Scodelario will next reprise her role in the final installment of the Maze Runner series, The Death Cure, while Hutcherson will soon be seen in James Franco’s The Disaster Artist and Seth Rogen’s Hulu series Future Man.
Romeo and Juliet has received several Hollywood updates, including Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet, which starred a young Leonardo DiCaprio and was set in “Verona Beach” amid a gang war.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day