- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keanu Reeves proved his prowess for navigating buses in the beloved ’90s action flick Speed. Now, he plays another guy who knows a thing or two about vehicles in the forthcoming action film John Wick.
In the film’s first trailer, Reeves plays the title character, a former hitman who is forced back into his old lifestyle when an old pal wants him dead. And to think that this all could have been prevented if a few bad guys had just left John’s dog alone.
In a pivotal scene, John is visited by an ex-girlfriend and is forced to run out of the bedroom in his underwear while dodging bullets.
Adrianne Palicki, Willem Dafoe, Bridget Moynahan and Jason Isaacs co-star. Chad Stahelski directed from a script by Derek Kolstad. Reeves’ last major film was 2013’s underperforming 47 Ronin.
Summit Entertainment releases the film Oct. 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter