- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate’s Nordic comedy Swedish Dicks is getting a second season on Swedish streamer Viaplay.
The Los Angeles-set series from MTG Studios will see stars Peter Stormare and Swedish stand-up comic Johan Glans return for a second cycle, set to reach Viaplay in late 2017. There’s no word on whether Keanu Reeves, who had his first TV recurring role in the first season that bowed Sept. 2 on MTG’s Nordic region video streaming service Viaplay, also will return.
Swedish Dicks follows two unlicensed Swedish private investigators trying to make a living in Los Angeles. “This might be the first time in my career that I can watch myself without throwing up,” Stormare, the Swedish actor best known for his roles in Fargo and 22 Jump Street, said Monday in a statement.
The second season will be produced by Brain Academy, also part of the MTG entertainment group, in collaboration with L.A.-based Viking Brothers Entertainment. Lionsgate’s distribution arm has the worldwide sales rights to Swedish Dicks, which the studio will start shopping to international buyers next week at MIPCOM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day