- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress, who appears in four covers for Elle, tells the glossy that having a baby has taught her to appreciate her body.
“I have to say, as a woman, you hate certain parts of your body. You go through those periods where you look in the mirror and you think, ‘Oh, if only I had different legs or arms or whatever,’ ” the Imitation Game star told the publication. “You go through pregnancy and labor and then feeding the kid and you go, ‘Wow, my body is totally amazing, and I’m never going to not like it again because it did this, and this is f—ing extraordinary.’ ”
In addition to giving birth to her baby girl, whom she named Edie, the actress also had another reason to celebrate earlier this year — she hit the big 3-0 on March 26. However, Knightley didn’t ring in her birthday the way she would have liked.
“They were there until 2 or 3 in the morning, absolutely drunk, and I was there eight months pregnant, completely sober,” she said, explaining that husband James Righton had organized a sweet luncheon with 20 of their closest friends before they all went back to their place, and everyone else started getting wasted. “So it was lovely, but it wasn’t what I’d imagined a 30th birthday was going to be.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day