- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keira Knightley is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Collateral Beauty, New Line’s unconventional drama being directed by David Frankel.
Will Smith leads a cast that already includes Helen Mirren, Ed Norton, Michael Pena and Naomie Harris.
The Allan Loeb-written script centers on a New York advertising exec (Smith) who experiences a deep personal tragedy. His colleagues devise a unique plan to break him out of his depression — which works, but not in a way that anyone imagined.
One of the movie’s conceit concerns actors playing walking embodiments of Love, Time and Death. Knightley would play Love.
Village Roadshow Pictures is co-producing/co-financing the project, which is targeting a mid-February start in New York. Collateral Beauty has just been slated for release on Dec. 16.
Anthony Bregman, Bard Dorros, Kevin Frakes, Michael Sugar and Loeb are producing.
Knightley, who received an Oscar nomination for her work in The Imitation Game, last appeared with Josh Brolin and Jake Gyllenhaal in the mountaineering adventure movie Everest.
She is repped by CAA, MGMT Entertainment and United Agents in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day