- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Keith Olbermann is going on a Twitter silence of sorts.
The Current TV host announced Wednesday via his Twitter stream that he no longer would be engaging with followers via the site’s “at replies.”
Following a Monday interview with comedian Richard Lewis in which the duo broke down the Republican field of presidential candidates, Olbermann on Tuesday had a tense exchange with a follower he thought insulted Lewis, ultimately blocking her.
After the follower blogged about the exchange late Tuesday, Olbermann’s followers took to Twitter to question him about the exchange, prompting him to declare that he’d no longer respond to his at replies.
“I’m more confused than anything else right now, but there’s some undeniable sadness and anger,” the blogger wrote. “Mr. Olbermann, I think what you did was extremely petty. Not just blocking me but blocking anyone who you construe as disagreeing with you or daring to question you.”
“Ok, my thanks to everybody, but life is brief. TFN I won’t be replying to tweets. #ShowPlugs, photos, Baseball Nerd updates will continue,” he tweeted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day