- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
British actor Ashley Charles will play Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards in Darko Entertainment’s All Is By My Side, the Jimi Hendrix biopic directed by John Ridley that is shooting in Dublin.
PHOTOS: Scores That Rock: 10 Musicians Who Crossed Over to Movies
Newcomer Charles joins an experienced cast including Andre 3000 as Hendrix, Imogen Poots (Fright Night) and Hayley Atwell (Captain America: The First Avenger). Atwell plays Linda Keith, Keith Richards’ girlfriend, who discovered Hendrix performing in a nightclub and claimed to have given Hendrix Richards’ Fender Stratocaster and his demo of Tim Rose singing “Hey Joe,” which became Hendrix’s first hit.
“She went to New York and took up further with Jimi Hendrix, who may have broken her heart, as she broke mine,” wrote Richards in his memoir Life.
Charles is managed by Eric Podwell of Podwell Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day