- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Kelly has not been able to agree a deal that fits into her autumn/winter schedule, so sadly cannot accept a place on the 2012 panel,” a spokesperson for her said, according to the BBC.
In a statement, the singer said her experience on the ITV1 show had been “an incredible experience” and a “great opportunity.” Tabloids here had suggested that pay was one key issue in any decision about Rowland’s involvement with the show.
Take That star Gary Barlow was recently confirmed for a return to the judges’ panel for the new season of the talent competition show. But the show from Syco Entertainment, the joint venture of Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment, has been believed to be considering alternatives for Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos and Louis Walsh.
One person in the running for a spot on the panel is Dannii Minogue, according to some British media reports.
An X Factor spokesperson said the full line-up of judges would be unveiled “in due course.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day