- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She made news yesterday for her nipple-piercing, and now Kendall Jenner is the star of a new suffragette-themed video for Rock the Vote that dropped Tuesday, which appropriately is National Voter Registration Day.
Read more Ryan Reynolds’ Daughter Calls Him Mama
The first video in what apparently will be a series produced by Independent Journal Review opens with the fashion model and reality star dressed in quite the unfashionable ensemble: a giant hat, muted floral dress and dowdy oversized coat. But that’s the point. In a voiceover, she talks about how we vote and express our opinions every day online, via likes and hashtags, and then goes into a brief history of suffragettes.
As she stands, her old-fashioned clothes are stripped off and replaced with a modern-day ripped tee, while her hair and makeup are retouched, and, ultimately, she returns to her normal, pretty self. The conclusion: “I’m Kendall Jenner, I’m 19, and I’m here to rock the vote.” Begs the question: Does her video make you want to register?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day