- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Estee Lauder’s latest film ad featuring Kendall Jenner seems to be more a commentary on pop culture and technology — specifically our collective iPhone addictions — than makeup. Although, of course, the spokesmodel looks picture perfect in it, with her bold brows, smoky eyes, nude lips and flawless complexion.
The spot opens with Jenner in an apartment, decorated for a party, and answering the door excitedly when the bell rings, only to sit back on the couch each time a new friend arrives to continue typing away on their iPhone 6 screens, eyes glued to the devices like zombies. Eventually though, low battery messages begin popping up, phones die and the lights go out.
And what saves the party? The beauty brand’s new hydrating Double Wear Makeup To Go Liquid Compact ($45), of course, which the sister of Kim, Khloe, Kourtney and Kylie flips open and brings her friends to life. After a quick touchup, it’s go time. We’ll have to remember this trick for our next party.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live