- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kenzo creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are no strangers to collaborating with Hollywood’s indie filmmakers. They’ve partnered with helmer Gregg Araki for short film Here Now that premiered during Paris Couture Week last July and enlisted David Lynch to create a set design and music for the luxury label’s fall 2014 ads. Now the dynamic duo has tapped Tangerine director Sean Baker for their latest campaign.
Titled Snowbird, the short stars Mad Max: Fury Road actress Abbey Lee as a young woman named Young Theo living in a remote desert community. The short clip was shot entirely on an iPhone, much like Baker’s indie breakout Tangerine, which followed the lives of transgender sex workers.
The accompanying spring 2016 print campaign also was shot by Baker.
The film will debut Feb. 3 at kenzo.com/snowbird. For now, check out the movie’s trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day