- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Kerry Washington and stylist Erin Walsh say they work so well together because they’re quite in sync.
“We’re very collaborative. I feel like we were fashion twins separated at birth,” Washington says in a behind-the-scenes video of her photo shoot for The Hollywood Reporter’s 2013 stylists issue, which celebrates the industry’s most powerful stylists. “We come up with stories for a particular season or a particular press tour.”
PHOTOS: THR’s 25 Most Powerful Stylists 2013
Walsh says that story is told with their choices.
“In terms of narrative — that goes into silhouette, texture, cut — making distinctions and having each moment,” she says. “We use that word a lot: ‘moment.’ “
Adds Washington, “Is it a fashion ‘moment’ or not?”
When asked what their favorite look of awards season was, both instantly produce the same answer.
VIDEO: Behind the Scenes of THR’s Style Issue: Jennifer Lopez, Zoe Saldana and Their Stylists
“This huge, gorgeous gown with these horses that I wore for the London premiere of Django [Unchained],” Washington says. “Because the movie is all about Jamie [Foxx] saving me on these white horses, it seemed perfect in every way.”
THR’s stylists issue features four covers of stars and their stylists, including Zoe Saldana and Petra Flannery, Jennifer Lopez and Rob Zangardi & Mariel Haenn, Taylor Swift and Joseph Cassell and Julianne Moore and Leslie Fremar.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day