- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin Bacon has joined the cast of Patriots Day, CBS Films and Lionsgate’s Boston Marathon bombing thriller currently shooting in Beantown.
Pete Berg is directing the movie, which stars Mark Wahlberg and has a cast that includes John Goodman, J.K. Simmons, Michelle Monaghan, Jimmy O. Yang and Vincent Curatola, among others.
The pic tells of the events surrounding the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Wahlberg will portray a composite Boston Police Department officer who is central to the investigation and manhunt.
Bacon will play FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers.
“Richard DesLauriers worked tirelessly as one of the key figures in an impossibly sophisticated investigation and Kevin Bacon possesses the intelligence and empathy to portray him,” Berg said Thursday in a statement.
This isn’t the first time Bacon has played an FBI agent. In fact, his most recent movie was the Johnny Depp drama Black Mass, in which he played a composite character of many officials in charge of a Boston office. He also played an ex-FBI agent on the Fox TV series The Following.
Bacon is repped by WME, MGMT Entertainment and Gaines/Solomon Law.
Patriots Day is set to open in Boston, New York and Los Angeles on Dec. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade