- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mayhem Pictures’ Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, who produced such inspirational true-life sports dramas as Miracle, Invincible and Secretariat, are producing McFarland.
Another true-life tale, McFarland is the 1980s story of a coach living in McFarland, Calif., a predominantly Latino small town outside Bakersfield. The coach created a high school track team that overcame many social and physical hurdles to become champions.
Disney is making the movie for $17 million and using Costner to anchor the cast.
Sports drama is a current that runs through Costner’s body of work, and McFarland will join Field of Dreams, Tin Cup and For the Love of the Game as examples of that work.
Costner is repped by WME, One Talent Management and Jeffer Mangels.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day