- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin Costner is in talks to play man’s best friend in The Art of Racing in the Rain.
If a deal is made, the actor would voice the dog that is central to the story in Fox 2000’s adaptation of Garth Stein’s best-selling novel.
The project focuses on a family dog named Enzo who evaluates his life through the lessons learned by his human owner, a professional race-car driver named Denny Swift, who will be played by This Is Us star Milo Ventimiglia.
Simon Curtis, who helmed last year’s Goodbye Christopher Robin, is set to direct the adaptation. Neal Moritz is producing the feature along with Tania Landau and Patrick Dempsey, who at one point was attached to star in the project.
Costner, who is repped by WME and Prism Creative, will next be seen on the upcoming Paramount Network series Yellowstone and is currently filming the Netflix crime drama The Highwaymen, starring opposite Woody Harrelson and Kathy Bates.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day