- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeremy Profe, who wrote the screenplay with Walter Vincent, is making his feature directorial debut with the project, which is being produced by Gabriel and Rafael Francisco of Francisco Productions.
The film tells the stories of real people who were at Roosevelt Hospital as doctors and nurses tried to save Lennon’s life — among them Alan Weiss, a WABC-TV producer who was being treated for an unrelated motorcycle injury and who broke the story of Lennon’s assassination, earning one of his six Emmys.
“Kevin’s character talks to Weiss, he kind of makes everyone feel a little better in a tragic situation,” said casting director Judy Henderson, an Emmy winner for her work on Homeland.
Dillon, who will be seen in Warners’ upcoming feature film version of Entourage, is represented by ICM Partners and Gallant Management. Francisco Productions is represented by attorney Alexander Murphy Jr.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day