- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The project, about a double-crossed mob hitman who enlists the help of the so-called Black Phantom, the same hitman who had been sent to kill him, would reteam Hart with his Ride Along director Tim Story, who is in talks to helm. Dave Lease and Megan Hinds wrote the script.
Ride Along producer Will Packer is poised to produce alongside Will Gluck.
Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper will oversee Black Phantom for the genre label.
Hart has strong ties with Screen Gems, having starred in the company’s romantic comedy remake About Last Night.
Foxx has two projects in the can for Screen Gems’ parent studio Sony: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and the musical Annie.
Hart and Story are repped by UTA. Hart is additionally managed by 3 Arts. Foxx is handled by CAA and LBI Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day