- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedy Central stars Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele are making their first movie together, a rep for their hit show Key & Peele confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. The New Line film, Keanu, centers around a kidnapped cat and is set to start production next spring.
The film continues the duo’s relationship with New Line, as the pair recently signed on to produce its Police Academy reboot. The former MadTV castmembers have starred in their eponymous Comedy Central sketch comedy series since 2012, with its fourth season premiering on Sept. 24. The Peabody-winning show has been nominated for five Emmys. The two also appeared in four episodes of the first season of Fargo.
Key previously appeared in Let’s Be Cops and The Lego Movie and set to appear in Horrible Bosses 2, Tomorrowland and the Vacation reboot. Peele has Wanderlust and Little Fockers on his upcoming slate.
Key and Peele are repped by Principato Young Entertainment. Key is also with UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live