- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kid Cudi has checked into rehab for “depression and suicidal urges,” the rapper announced via his Facebook page Tuesday night.
In a lengthy social media post, Cudi told his fans he was “ashamed” to admit that he has been “living a lie.”
“Yesterday I checked myself into rehab for depression and suicidal urges. I am not at peace,” his message began. “My anxiety and depression have ruled my life for as long as I can remember and I never leave the house because of it. I cant make new friends because of it. I dont trust anyone because of it and Im tired of being held back in my life. I deserve to have peace. I deserve to be happy and smiling. Why not me?”
The singer said his forthcoming album Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin‘ is still on the way, but that he would be taking time away from the spotlight to focus on his recovery.
He ended the note by saying, “Ill be back, stronger, better. Reborn. I feel like shit, I feel so ashamed. Im sorry.” It was signed with his birth name, Scott Mescudi.
Read his full post below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day