- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the July 26 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Lego’s Carlsbad theme park now has a hotel (5885 The Crossings Drive; rooms from $149) with wildly fun interiors to match. There’s even a celebrity wall with block portraits of Hugh Jackman and Mark Wahlberg.
AIRSTREAM 2 GO
This new company (airstream2go .com; from $5,300 weekly) offers gleaming current-model trailers — outfitted with high-end sheets, flatscreens and a GMC Yukon Denali for towing — for trekking across the wide-open West.
YELLOWSTONE EXPLORER CABINS
Yellowstone has just opened 50 new charmingly rustic cabins (visityellowstonepark.com; from $281), a short drive from Old Faithful, each with a fireplace and cooking supplies for s’mores.
For some brainy family fun, San Francisco’s Exploratorium has a spectacular new Embarcadero home (Pier 15/17). Thrill to more than 600 indoor and outdoor art and science exhibits — Jodie Foster and family already have.
BEEKEEPING AT CARMEL VALLEY RANCH
The Honey & Lavender weekends at Carmel Valley Ranch (1 Old Ranch Road, Carmel; rooms from $350) include beekeeping in protective suits ($35 per child) and soapmaking. Honey-lavender lemonade seals the deal.
Read about more summer getaways below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day