- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – European movie theater-goers are seeing Kiefer Sutherland on the big screen — but not in a movie.
British, French, German and Russian cinema audiences are being shown an above-the-line campaign for computer giant Acer.
Sutherland’s starring role sees him channeling his 24 character Jack Bauer as he uses an Acer laptop in his quest to create his own brand of cupcakes.
Involving car chases, an explosion and aggressive interrogation techniques in a supermarket, the humorous ad spot is meant to link Sutherland’s quest to find his hidden passion using the laptop as a tool.
The ad tilt is part of a wider campaign that will see other as-yet-unnamed celebrities explore a side of themselves they didn’t realize they had through using the Acer S5 Laptop.
The ad campaign was created by Mother London and directed by Ivan Zacharias, with producer Nick Landon and production company Stink.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live