- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mireille Enos, the star of AMC’s The Killing, is in negotiations to play Josh Brolin’s wife in Gangster Squad, the period crime movie being made by Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow.
Ruben Fleischer is directing while Dan Lin and Kevin McCormick are producing. Jon Silk is co-producing.
Gangster is based on a seven-part Los Angeles Times article written by Paul Lieberman centered on how in the 1940s, amid corruption and chaos, the LAPD created a unit called the Gangster Squad to keep the East Coast mafia out of the city.
Brolin is starring as John O’Mara, one of the few cops not on the payroll of gangster Mickey Cohen, being portrayed by Sean Penn. Ryan Gosling, meanwhile, will play Sgt. Jerry Wooters, a good cop who loves the bachelor life.
Also in the cast are Michael Pena, Anthony Mackie and Giovanni Ribisi. Emma Stone is in talks to play a role as well.
If a deal makes, Enos will play O’Mara’s wife, who is afraid her husband may die while in the line of duty but still helps him pick his squad.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade