- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kim Basinger is bringing her sexy back.
The actress, who became an international star with the steamy 1986 pic 9 ½ Weeks, is in final negotiations to return to the world of love and lust with Fifty Shades Darker.
Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan are back as whippersnappers-in-love Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey in the sequel to Universal’s adaptation of the E.L. James best-seller that climaxed at $570 million worldwide.
James Foley is directing the follow-up, with Basinger in one of the movie’s few new roles: Elena Lincoln. Lincoln is one of Grey’s business partners and, more importantly, the older woman and former lover that initiated him into the world of S&M.
A production start of mid-February is being planned.
Basinger won a best supporting Oscar for her turn opposite Russell Crowe in 1997’s L.A. Confidential and this May reunites with him for The Nice Guys, Shane Black’s pulpy 1970s-set thriller that also stars Ryan Gosling. Her credits range from James Bond movie Never Say Never Again to Eminem’s 8 Mile.
Basinger is repped by APA, Management Production Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day