- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Gosling and Crowe are starring in the Shane Black-helmed movie.
The story, set in 1970s Los Angeles, follows a private eye (Gosling) and a hired leg breaker (Crowe) who must work together to solve the case of a missing girl and the seemingly unrelated death of a porn star.
Basinger will play a chief justice with dubious interests.
Black and Anthony Bagarozzi wrote the screenplay for the Warner Bros. project, which is slated for release June 17, 2016.
Matt Bomer also stars along with Beau Knapp and Keith David, who were recently cast as the villains, as THR exclusively reported.
Joel Silver is producing under his Silver Pictures banner with Ken Kao of Waypoint Entertainment; Hal Sadoff and Michael Malone are serving as executive producers.
Basinger won an Academy Award for best supporting actress for her performance in 1997’s L.A. Confidential, in which she plays a prostitute who resembles screen star Veronica Lake and who falls for Crowe’s violent detective.
The actress’ recent films include Grudge Match and Anders Morgenthaler’ s upcoming drama I Am Here, which is exec produced by Lars von Trier. She’s repped by APA, Radius Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day