- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The fashion world’s next big excuse to dress up is June 1, when the annual CFDA Awards take place in New York City. It seems it will be a can’t-miss night for Kim Kardashian, since she announced Tuesday she’s presenting the CFDA Media Award to Kevin Systrom, Instagram’s founder.
Interestingly enough, 2015 will mark the first time this award is given to a platform as opposed to an individual such as a top fashion photographer or critic. It’s only natural the Selfish author would be the pick for doling out this honor — she has 33.3 million Instagram followers, of course. And those followers (along with her fans on Twitter) of Kanye West‘s wife were the first to hear the news, when she posted a photo of herself with Systrom.
The full list of award recipients and attendees is not yet out, but so far we know Amanda Seyfried, Joshua Jackson and Taraji P. Henson are lined up to present awards, with James Corden as this year’s host and Pharrell as the 2015 CFDA Fashion Icon Award recipient. We’ll stay tuned to see who else makes the cut!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day