- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s official, Kardashiacs. Reality star and entrepreneur Kim Kardashian and New Jersey Nets basketballer Kris Humphries have tied the knot.
The couple married on an 11-acre estate in Montecito, Calif. on Saturday where the only TV cameras allowed during the ceremony were E!’s. The network will air a two part special, Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event on Oct. 9 and 10. The special’s title is pretty appropriate when it comes to the event.
Here are 5 ways that made the night especially Kardashian:
1. Cost? Zero. With the reported sales of its engagment announcement to People for $300,000, $100,000 to Britain’s OK Magazine for the bridal shower coverage, and another $1.5 million from People for the exclusive on the wedding photos, plus freebies bartered in exchange for promotion, the wedding actually pays for itself and still leaves a pretty penny for the couple to put away for a rainy day.
2. No one upstages the bride. While some may look down on the bridesmaids wearing white, Kardashian knows she doesn’t have to worry about being overshadowed with her assets and two Vera Wang gowns. So, in true Pippa Middleton-like fashion, her bridesmaids wore ivory.
3. Soulful Sounds. The event’s performers included Stevie Wonder, and funk group, Earth, Wind, and Fire. Plus, the music stylings of DJ Cassidy who has spun the night away for Jennifer Lopez, Jay-Z, Mariah Carey, Naomi Campbell, Tina Turner and Alicia Keys as some of his clients.
4. Only a few hundred of her closest friends. According to E!Online, the 500-person guest list included Brody Jenner and Avril Lavigne, Eva Longoria, Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough, Kathy Lee Gifford, Mario Lopez, Ciara, Joe Francis, George Lopez, Venus and Serena Williams, Lara Spencer, and Maria Menounos.
5. Honey, later. Sure, it would be nice to cap off the night by being swept off to a romantic honeymoon, but Kim doesn’t have the time. She’s a working girl. After the wedding, she has to report for work in New York City to shoot the second season of Kourtney & Kim Take New York. But, really, the celebration isn’t over. She’s having another wedding reception in the Big Apple on Aug. 31.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day