- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Andrey C. Hicks was taken into custody Friday on charges of wire fraud. Officials said it was likely he was trying to flee to Switzerland. He faces up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted.
According to TMZ, NBA player Humphries was one of the many investors targeted by Hicks, who has been the subject of a federal investigation on suspicion that he was raising money for a phony billion-dollar hedge fund. Humphries is said to have given hundreds of thousands of dollars to Hicks.
It’s also believed that Hicks lied about his background, claiming he was a Harvard graduate when, in actuality, he was kicked out after three semesters for poor grades.
Hicks is said to have attended both the rehearsal dinner and wedding between Kardashian and Humphries. The couple were married Aug. 20 at a private estate in Montecito, Calif.
The wedding was estimated to cost at least half a million dollars, but those costs were offset by items such as a free $20,000 Vera Wang gown and a lucrative deal with E!.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day