- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The upcoming comedy-drama will be Perry’s 13th collaboration with the studio.
The Marriage Counselor is adapted from Perry’s 10th play, which began touring in 2008. The story centers around a married couple – an accountant and an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor – whose relationship begins to fall apart after his displaced parents move in.
The marriage counselor, Judith, stops practicing what she preaches when she rekindles a relationship with an old college flame.
Kardashian, repped by WME, will play Judith’s co-worker in the film. As previously reported by The Hollywood Reporter, production on Perry’s film will begin in late October.
This role will be one of the biggest for Kardashian, who is most well-known for her reality show, Keeping Up with Kardashians.
Her past feature film roles include Deep in the Valley and Disaster Movie.
In March, Lionsgate re-upped its first-look deal with Perry, which has been extremely lucrative for both since it began in 2005.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day