- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The magazine licensed the photos and interview with Kardshian and husband Kris Humphries for $1.5 million, The Hollywood Reporter detailed earlier. Most of the $500,000 wedding price tag — including the three custom-made Vera Wang gowns and $6,000 cake — was offset by publicity deals.
Some criticized Kim for throwing such a lavish affair – but the magazine was not called out for paying so much for the photos.
PabiMoloi Pabi Moloi
How the world works. Kim Kardashian is paid over $17million for access to her wedding and the horn of Africa has no access to food and water
GugsM Gugulethu Mhlungu
Finally succumbed and looked at Kim Kardashian’s wedding pictures and I figure that her jewelry alone is worth more than SA’s total GDP.
noellenk1 Noelle Keshishian
Pix are beyond perfection! RT @peoplemag: Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries tell PEOPLE all about their wedding http://ow.ly/6bo9m
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Kim was pleased with it, posting on her blog: “Hi dolls! Just wanted to share my People magazine wedding cover! Saturday was completely magical and I couldn’t be happier right now. I’ll never forget our special day and I want to thank all my friends and family for making the day so special. I love you all.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day