- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
R.E.M. announced their disbandment in September after more than three decades together, but the group still has one last release up their sleeves.
The band will debut a compilation album titled Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage: 1982-2011 on Nov. 15 through Warner Bros. Records, featuring 40-tracks spanning their legendary career, as well as a few new offerings. Among the new songs to be featured is “We All Go Back To Where We Belong,” which recently hit the web.
The band shot two music videos for the song, one of which features actress Kirsten Dunst. The other includes iconic Dial-A-Poem artist/poet/activist John Giorno. Using a stationary camera, each black and white video focuses on the subject’s face and was shot using a strong key light. Watch both films below.
“To be able to work with John and Kristen was a dream I carried since we recorded the song, and their participation completes the song for me,” said frontman Michael Stipe in a statement.
The videos follow last years’ successful Collapse Into Now Film Project, which included films by artists for each song on the album.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day