- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Hudson isn’t the only one who decided to make a mid-awards season chop. Fargo actress Kirsten Dunst has been slaying every red carpet this month in bold makeup and gorgeous gowns, but she apparently decided to mix things up a little more.
After winning her Critics’ Choice Award but before stepping out at the Elle 6th Annual Women in Television Dinner days later, her go-to hairstylist Cervando Maldonado took his scissors out.
“The inspiration for the cut is a chic French bob a la Nastassja Kinski in Paris, Texas. We’d discussed going shorter and felt it was the right time,” says Maldonado, who took her from sleek, smooth bob to slightly tousled, angled and choppy.
To style her new bob for its debut, he took a natural approach, using Oribe Curl by Definition Creme ($49) as it dried, then a Harry Josh Curling Iron to create non-uniformed waves and Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo ($25) to finish. Who will be the next star to chop their locks?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day