- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Martin Kierszenbaum, a Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer as well as the co-founder of the successful Cherrytree Records, has partnered with Kobalt to launch Cherrytree Music Publishing, for which Kobalt will provide funding as well as admin and creative services.
“I’m excited to be starting Cherrytree Music Publishing in partnership with Kobalt, Richard Sanders and especially Benjamin Groff who’s been a good friend and colleague for a long time,” said Kierszenbaum in a statement. “With their expert support, I’m looking forward to extending the Cherrytree philosophy to protect and amplify our recording artists’ and management clients’ creative visions to serve songwriters with the same attention and care.”
VIDEO: Lady Gaga Unveils ‘Flying Dress’ at ‘Artpop’ Album Launch Party
Cherrytree Records and Kierszenbaum were behind releases from Feist (Let It Die), Ellie Goulding and Lady Gaga (The Fame, The Fame Monster). As well, Kierszenbaum wrote and produced four songs for Gaga, including The Fame. Kierszenbaum is also a manager to producer and writer Jeff Bhasker, Incubus guitarist and producer/writer Mike Einziger and video director Talk-BoyTV, among others.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek