- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ESPN The Magazine‘s annual music issue, hitting newsstands on Friday, Jan. 24, unites megastars from the sports and music worlds in a colorful pictorial.
The Hollywood Reporter got an exclusive preview of the photographs, one of which features 6-foot-6-inch Kobe Bryant towering over 5-foot-2-inch former American Idol judge Nicki Minaj (even while wearing platform shoes and standing on an amp for an extra boost) among other pairings, such as Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson with hip hop legend and Detroit native Eminem, two-time Olympian Hope Solo and Skylar Grey, and the New Orleans Saints with jazz performer Trombone Shorty.
Gracing the cover is Los Angeles Clippers star Chris Paul with L.A. native Kendrick Lamar, who teamed up for a shoot called “Killer Crossover.” The pair looked to have a blast goofing around the set — despite the fact that Lamar is a self-confessed lifelong Lakers fan.
See all the photos in THR‘s exclusive gallery.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day