- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Twitter has finally won over the likes of Kobe Bryant, who now has an officially verified account on the platform.
The Lakers star now joins the ranks of other name brand NBA personalities — LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Durant, among many others — penning 140 character thoughts for thousands of followers.
“The antisocial has become social,” he wrote on Friday, adding the hashtag “#mambatweets” in reference to his Black Mamba nickname.
Bryant, who previously preferred updating his fans with notes on his official Facebook page, has already briefly joined Twitter once. In 2011, a Twitter account for Bryant was created but only one tweet (“Can you hear me now?!?!”) was reportedly sent before the account was suspended.
More recently, the NBA star took over the official Nike basketball Twitter account over the December holidays to interact with fans.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day