- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kobe Bryant‘s wife Vanessa has filed for divorce from the L.A. Lakers star.
The couple has been married a few months more than 10 years and said in a statement, “The Bryants have resolved all issues incident to their divorce privately with the assistance of counsel and a Judgment dissolving their marital status will be entered in 2012.
“We ask that in the interest of our young children and in light of the upcoming holiday season the public respect our privacy during this most difficult time.”
Vanessa Bryant is requesting joint custody of their two daughters as well as spousal support. She cited “irrencilable differences” as the reason for the split on her divorce petition, which she signed on Dec. 1.
The pair met in 1999 when Vanessa was 17 and became engaged during her senior year in high school. They were married on April 18, 2001.
She is represented by celebrity divorce specialist, Laura A. Wasser, who has also repped Maria Shriver, Angelina Jolie and Kiefer Sutherland.
The breakup was first reported by TMZ.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day