- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kris Humphries drew a cacophony of boos in Madison Square Garden Wednesday night when he stepped on court to join the New Jersey Nets for a preseason game against the New York Knicks.
It was Humphries’ first game with the Nets since signing a one-year contract reportedly worth nearly $8 million. His team lost to the Knicks, 82-88. Meanwhile, New York fans taunted the forward — most famous for his 72-day marriage Kim Kardashian — with “lusty” enthusiasm, reports ESPN.com: “Every time he touched the ball during his six-minute stint on the court, the crowd would boo. They later chanted ‘We Want Humphries! We Want Humphries!’ throughout the game, including three times late in the fourth.”
Afterward, Humphries said he was unfazed by all the booing. “No, I was so focused on the game, I couldn’t hear that, bro,” he remarked. Point guard Deron Williams chimed in, saying: “I’ve never heard an opposing player be cheered to be put in the game … That was a nice gesture on their part.”
It is certainly possible that Humphries’ reality-TV fame and backlash over his ill-fated wedding had something to do with the negative reaction. Further evidence: Humphries, 26, was just ranked No. 1 on Forbes’ list of “Most Disliked NBA Players,” edging out the likes of LeBron James.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day