- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Call it the Kardashian by Association Effect.
Kaela Humphries just so happens to be the sister of Kris Humphries, who was infamously dumped by Kim Kardashian after 72 days of marriage. In that short time, and in the lead-up to their blockbuster TV wedding, her brother went from semi-famous NBA player to reality star and household name.
The Minnesota-raised aspiring model is about to make a name for herself, too: she’s just signed a contract with Ford Models’ plus-size division. Humphries was previously signed to Wilhelmina Models in Los Angeles.
“She is a true size 16-18 and is going to be a fantastic asset to Ford,” Ford exec Gary Dakin told the fashion-industry news site Fashionista.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s 19 Shortest Marriages
Humphries, 29, no doubt benefitted from some exposure on TV. When her sibling’s relationship with Kardashian began to sour, she popped up on an episode of E!’s Kourtney & KIm Take New York to hang out with him. (Kardashian, preferred to spend time alone rather than bond with the Humphries.)
The ex-Mrs. Humphries set the gossip mill into a frenzy when she did not show up with her husband to watch her sister-in-law walk the runway at Richie Richie’s show at New York Fashion Week last fall.
In January, Humphries made a cameo in the CW series Remodeled, in which she discussed joining “The Network,” a mini-comglomerate of smaller modeling agencies.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day