- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Krispy Kreme has announced it will sell two Ghostbusters-themed doughnuts in honor of the film’s milestone. The doughnuts will be available Sept. 29 through Oct. 31.
“We are truly excited to collaborate with Sony Pictures in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the iconic Ghostbusters brand,” said Dwayne Chambers, Krispy Kreme chief marketing and innovations officer. Chambers called the doughnuts “as unique, creative and joyful as this beloved film franchise.”
In an homage to the Bill Murray-starring film’s two most recognizable apparitions, one doughnut will feature the Ghostbusters logo and a Slimer-inspired splatter of green icing, while the Stay Puft Marshmallow doughnut resembles that villain’s face, complete with a sailor hat made of sugar. Both doughnuts contain white cream in the center.
Ghostbusters, which was released June 7, 1984, returned to theaters last month for a limited run to mark the anniversary.
The film’s Twitter page posted the below image of the doughnuts:
— Ghostbusters (@Ghostbusters) September 16, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day