- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
One must be an extremely talented actress to take on any creative endeavor thought up by artistic mastermind Karl Lagerfeld. For such a monumental task, Kristen Stewart has risen to the occasion to star in Lagerfeld’s latest Chanel project: a short film about an actress playing the part of Gabrielle Chanel (more commonly known as Coco) for the Metiers d’Arts show to premiere on Dec. 1 in Rome.
Read more Kendall Jenner Has Gone Barbie Blonde
WWD reports that the film will be “a fictional, behind-the-scenes look at a yet-to-be-made biopic about founder Gabrielle Chanel,” starring Stewart as a young Chanel alongside actress Geraldine Chaplin, who has also portrayed the fashion house founder in previous biopic films.
According to Lagerfeld, Stewart completely nailed the audition, playing the role “really, really mean” and “complaining about everything.” When asked about how he came up with the direction for the film, the unofficial emperor of the industry retorted, “They make so many movies about Chanel, why can’t I make one?” Touche.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day