- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If images of Kristen Stewart’s new ‘do made you gasp while you were scrolling through Instagram, you weren’t alone.
On Tuesday night, the actress debuted a new bleach-blonde buzz cut while attending the Los Angeles premiere of Personal Shopper, a mystery thriller directed by Olivier Assayas.
Stewart looked to hairstylist Bridget Brager for the badass chop. Brager, who also counts Kate Bosworth and Sarah Paulson as clients, shared a close-up of the cut on Instagram. “We tried something a little different today,” wrote the hair guru.
The new haircut was paired with a smoky eye and nude lips, courtesy of makeup artist Jillian Dempsey. Tara Swennen styled the star in all black with an A.L.C. top and Sally LaPointe pants.
Though Stewart’s cut is reportedly for her upcoming role in Underwater, a thriller that follows a crew of underwater researchers who must scramble to safety after an earthquake devastates their subterranean laboratory, she has previously expressed interest in chopping it all off.
“I’m definitely going to shave my head before I die,” Stewart told Into the Gloss in 2014. “I will definitely tattoo my head while it’s shaved before my hair grows back.” Here’s to hoping we see that tattoo the next time the star makes a red-carpet appearance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day