- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perhaps Kristen Stewart really is the fairest of them all. The Snow White and the Huntsman star tops this year’s Forbes list of highest-paid actresses with earnings of $34.5 from May 2011 to May 2012.
Largely thanks to the $12.5 million (plus a share of the profits) she received for each of the two-part The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn films, Stewart dethroned reigning queens Angelina Jolie and Sarah Jessica Parker, who last year shared the crown with an estimated $30 million each. The two women dropped to numbers four ($20 million) and seven ($15 million), respectively.
Twenty-two-year-old Stewart is 16 years younger than the next youngest person on the list, 38-year-old Kristen Wiig, whose Bridesmaids and Saturday Night Live earnings brought her $12 million.
Cameron Diaz landed just below Stewart with an estimated $34 million, much of which came from a profit-sharing deal for the surprise hit Bad Teacher, which earned $216 million globally.
There’s a $9 million gab between Diaz and Forbes’ number three leading lady, Sandra Bullock, who earned in $25 million.
The magazine took into account earnings actresses received for practicing their crafts, as well as income brought in from residuals, endorsement deals, advertisements and appearance fees.
Find the full list below:
1. Kristen Stewart ($34.5 million)
2. Cameron Diaz ($34 million)
3. Sandra Bullock ($25 million)
4. Angelina Jolie ($20 million)
5. Charlize Theron ($18 million)
6. Julia Roberts ($16 million)
7. Sarah Jessica Parker, ($15 million)
8. Meryl Streep, ($12 million)
9. Kristen Wiig, ($12 million)
10. Jennifer Aniston, ($11 million)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day