- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for the film adaptation of Jack Kerouac‘s literary classic, On the Road, has emerged online.
While the author of the 1957 semi-autobiographical adventure tale had aspirations of Marlon Brando taking the film to the big screen, the film will finally come to fruition later this year, with Walter Salles (The Motorcycle Diaries) directing.
Sam Riley stars as Kerouac’s alter ego Sal Paradise, while Garrett Hedlund portrays best friend Dean Moriarty. Kirsten Dunst, Tom Sturridge, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams, Steve Muscemi and Elisabeth Moss round out the cast, but the most revealing part of the just-released trailer is perhaps Kristen Stewart, portraying Dean’s young wife, Marylou.
The oft shy and awkward Stewart attempts to break out of her Twilight shell again: first she did it as a young prostitute in Welcome to the Rileys, then she rocked out as Joan Jett in The Runaways, and now she plays the part of a 16-year-old doobie-rollin’ daredevil, who appears to be topless in a car with similarly undressed Hedlund and Riley.
But of course, fans of Kerouac’s beatnik book know that more adventures lie ahead On the Road for these friends. Afterall, as Paradise says, “The only people that interest me are the mad ones.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day