- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In her cover story for Marie Claire’s August 2015 issue, Kristen Stewart sounds off on many things: how she “lit [her] universe on fire and watched it burn,” how age has made her smarter and calmer and on the best advice she’s received, from Patti Smith (it was to take care of her teeth and lungs).
But alongside her candidness on how she’s stopped apologizing so much, the actress reveals the attitude changes that came when she chopped her long locks into a bob.
“My hair was such a crutch,” she told the magazine. “I looked quote unquote ‘sexy’ no matter what. I could hide behind it. As soon as I didn’t have all that hair, I had to let my face hang out. I felt more confident than I had in a really long time. And it felt really good.”
Stewart is just one of a slew of starlets who have recently trimmed their beachy waves into lobs or bobs — Kate Hudson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jessica Alba among them. So she’s clearly not in the minority with this opinion: “Maybe to most people long hair is prettier. But then what? Is your main goal in life to be desired? That is boring as f—-.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day