- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristen Stewart is in talks to star in Temple Hill Entertainment and TriStar Pictures’ Happiest Season, a same-sex romantic comedy from director Clea DuVall and writing partner Mary Holland, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Happiest Season portrays a young woman whose plan to propose to her girlfriend while at her family’s annual holiday party is upended when she discovers her partner hasn’t yet come out to her conservative parents.
The project will be produced by Temple Hill’s Marty Bowen, Isaac Klausner and Jaclyn Huntling. Hannah Minghella and Shary Shirazi will oversee the project for TriStar.
Stewart, who is set to co-star in the upcoming Charlie’s Angels reboot, will also appear in Against All Enemies, a thriller formerly titled Seberg, to be directed by Benedict Andrews. Temple Hill is coming off the production of the coming-out coming-of-age teen movie Love, Simon, from Fox 2000.
Stewart’s film credits include the Twilight franchise, Clouds of Sils Maria, Still Alice, American Ultra, Equals, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk and Personal Shopper.
She is repped by Gersh and McKuin Frankel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day