- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
At his Metiers d’Art Chanel show, which he presented earlier today in Rome, Karl Lagerfeld not only re-created the streets of Paris within the city’s historic Cinecitta film studio, but he also finally premiered his new short film, Once and Forever, starring one of his all-time-favorite muses, Kristen Stewart.
In the film, Stewart plays the salty actress Irys Duke, who butts heads with the handsome director of a Coco Chanel biopic about the designer’s storied life. But don’t let the old-fashioned coiff and strong brow game deceive you — the Twilight alum still plays the stubborn, slightly awkward character with all the gusto of a blushing Bella Swan.
Lagerfeld played on Stewart’s strengths — nail biting, inappropriate giggling and stammering — to complete the 25-year-old’s transformation into the actress, who just wants to pay respect to the great career of Coco Chanel by portraying all the colors of her full and vivid life.
Watch Stewart’s performance alongside Geraldine Chaplin in full below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day