- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Another mega-star Saturday Night Live alum has joined the cast of Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
Kristen Wiig has officially signed on to play a part in the sequel to the hit 2004 comedy, director Adam McKay announced on his Facebook page late Monday night. She joins a cast led by Will Ferrell, who plays the oblivious news anchor Ron Burgundy, and supported by Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell and Dave Koechner.
The film, which was announced last March, is due out from Paramount on December 20.
Wiig has long been included in the comedy universe of which Anchorman producer Judd Apatow is the center; he produced her 2011 breakout hit Bridesmaids, which earned her an Oscar nomination for best original screenplay, and she appeared in his 2007 directorial effort Knocked Up. A pairing with Ferrell produced a memorable presentation at last month’s Golden Globes, perhaps hinting at what is to come.
She will soon appear in the dramedy Girl Most Likely, which she wrote, as well as Ben Stiller‘s Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Liza Johnson‘s drama Hateship, Friendship and Craig Johnson‘s dramedy The Skeleton Twins.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day