- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A remake of the 1947 Danny Kaye movie based on the James Thurber short story, the film centers on a timid magazine photo manager (Stiller) who daydreams of exciting adventures, only to find himself in an adventure of his own when he goes in search of a missing negative.
Wiig will play his co-worker and the girl of his fantasies.
Mitty will be Wiig’s first big studio gig since her breakout starring role in last year’s comedy Bridesmaids. The comedienne, who shot two independent projects, Imogene and Revenge of the Jolly!, over the summer, has been very careful about selecting her next role. She is repped by UTA, Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman.
The movie is eyeing an April start and will shoot in New York and Iceland.
Stiller is producing with Red Hour Entertainment partner Stuart Cornfeld as well as John Goldwyn and Samuel Goldwyn Jr.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day