- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress, who recently joined the CBS Television Studios drama in a recurring role, was struck by a piece of lighting equipment on the Brooklyn set.
“This afternoon, while filming a scene for The Good Wife in Brooklyn, a gust of wind blew a lighting silk out of place, striking actress Kristin Chenoweth,” CBS TV Studios said in a statement. “She received treatment on the scene by the show’s medic until a New York Fire Department emergency medical team arrived and transported her to the hospital. All of us at the studio and the show are thinking about Kristin and wishing her a quick recovery.”
A witness told TMZ, which first reported the news, that Chenoweth appeared to be “knocked out cold.” A call was reportedly made to 911 just after 5 p.m. Eastern.
Chenoweth, a Broadway veteran and Emmy winner, most recently starred on ABC’s short-lived GCB. She joined Good Wife for its September season premiere, playing a political reporter who tries to uncover professional (and personal) dirt on the secretly separated Alicia (Julianna Margulies) and Peter (Chris Noth) Florrick.
Chenoweth also starred on Pushing Daisies and has recurred on Glee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek