- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As first reported by THR, 21st Century Fox executive chairman Lachlan Murdoch has moved into the office of former film chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos, who exited in August. Now sources say Murdoch “touched up” Gianopulos‘ digs, while separately installing a rock-climbing wall in an empty studio area nearby.
A Fox rep declined comment. … Speaking of offices, Sony’s Michael Lynton and fellow senior execs were on the move in late October to the company’s just-completed eight-story Culver City headquarters on the lot, which houses the CFO, general counsel, human resources, IT and home entertainment, among other divisions. The building — officially called the Morita Building after Akita Morita, the iconic Japanese business leader and co-founder of Sony — also will be home to Sony’s previously scattered music divisions. Having the entertainment units in the same place, Lynton has said, will foster a more cohesive “creative community.”
The moves have been scheduled out over several weeks and are expected to be completed by mid-November.
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day