- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lady Gaga‘s latest photoshoot aspires to far more than glamour.
The Grammy winner has launched a “Body Revolution” section on her LittleMonsters.com website, on which she posted un-retouched photos of herself in bra and underwear and a message about her past struggles with eating disorders.
“Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15,” she wrote, the first caption on the series of photographs. “But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION. To Inspire Bravery. and BREED some m$therf*cking COMPASSION.”
She also posted a message with a more detailed explanation of her efforts.
“My mother and I created the BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION for one reason: ‘to inspire bravery,'” Gaga wrote. “This profile is an extension of that dream. Be brave and celebrate with us your “perceived flaws,” as society tells us. May we make our flaws famous, and thus redefine the heinous.”
Recently, Gaga admitted to having gained around 25 pounds, partly from her love of Italian food. Not that it is causing her much stress.
“I really don’t feel bad about it,” she told Elvis Duran on his radio show. “Not even for a second.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day